March 1, 2014

The Northern Lights.

Oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god-oh-my-god.

After months of watching weather forecasts and scanning the skies for a clear, starry night with a pinch of magnetic activity, Vincent and I finally got our first glimpse of the Northern Lights.

They were so beautiful and lovely. And mysterious. And minty green.

Nordlysene.


They were also very quiet. Actually, now that I think about it, maybe they seemed quiet, because we were alone on the top a mountain at midnight. Hm.

In any case, they would tip toe across the night sky--like they didn't want you to notice them--and then would disappear... only to re-emerge again a minute later in another direction.

Sneaky Northern Lights.

If you want, a few more photos can be seen here.

No comments: