June 9, 2013

weather is relative.

Weather is so different from place to place. An obvious observation, but still--it resonates.

In Massy, right now, there's a thunderstorm! With lightening! (or as the French would say--with éclairs!) I was just reminiscing on how little lightening and thunderstorms I saw in Sydney. And really, there's not much of that here in Massy...although it LOVES to rain.

Strange? Maybe. I don't know.

But in Georgia where I grew up, there were thunderstorms and lightening all the time. Then in Sydney, I remember there wasn't so much of that kind of weather. Yeah, they had fires and cyclones and floods and... well, fires, and cyclones, and floods, ...and sandstorms!

Hm.

But not so much thunder. Or lightening. Eh.

Now, we're moving to Trondheim where I imagine the weather will be different still. A lot of sun. A lot of not-sun. A little warm. A lot of cold. Who knows?!



1 comment:

Eri said...

I prefer cloudy days :)