June 6, 2013

france cares about unemployed immigrants.

Actual phone conversation had between me and someone who (indirectly) works for French immigration:

me: Hello?

her: Hello. I blah blah, blah blah blah OFII blah blah.

me: What?

her: I work for blah blah for OFII. blah blah professional assessment.

me: Oh yes. I already did that last year.

her: blah blah.

me: What?

her: Yes, five months ago.

me: So.

her: blah blah blah blah.

me: What?

her: Have you found a job yet?

me: Oh, of course not. I am not looking for a job. It is impossible for me to work in France. And next week I'm moving overseas. So, no, I do not have a job in France.

her: Oh. Okay. I'll make a note. Goodbye.

me: Yes, okay. Goodbye.

* Disclaimer: This conversation was actually held in French, so above are my translations.

** This was my FIRST conversation with a French person on the telephone. I think ever. Go me.

No comments: