November 5, 2011

wow. so that's what that feels like.

Sigh.

My hip hurts. Again. You know when I tore my labrum two years ago and I complained about that hurting. This hurts waaaaay more. And all the time. It's actually shocking and exhausting how much it hurts.

It's been like this for over a month now. I finally went to the doctor. And after a bunch of scans and a really traumatic cortisone injection, my hip is still filled with fluid and extremely painful. It hurts basically all the time when I'm awake. I reckon it hurts when I'm sleeping too, but these days I'm usually too drunk to care. I know that sounds sad, but it works way better than any of the meds I've been offered. Eh.

What's dumb about it all is that I am so SO close to finishing my PhD that I can smell it. (It smells of homemade scones and really pretty flowers). But since I can barely sit for more than five minutes, progress has stalled. ::shakes fist at sky:: Seriously?

Hips are overrated. Boo!

No comments: