November 23, 2011

camels and galahs make super vacation-companions

If you couldn't tell from the last post, Vincent and I went to Uluru and Kata Tjuta last weekend. It was surprisingly cold for the desert in November, but I think that ended up being a blessing in disguise. Who wants to hike around a huge rock when it's 40+degrees outside!

And of course, what would an Australian vacation be without a nice sampling of local flora and fauna. We didn't see any dingos, probably because we weren't carrying any babies or pizza with us. But we were beautifully serenaded by a flock of galahs that were chillin' out by our cabin.


Then on the last morning, at 5am, we went and trekked through the bush on a camel to watch the sun rise over Uluru. I can now say I'm not a fan of 5am, but I am a super fan of camels.


For those of you interested, here's more photos. Enjoy!

No comments: