August 3, 2009

The Bay Run 2009

Next weekend, Vincent and I, along with a couple friends, are running in the biggest road race on the earth!!!!!!!

As a mini-preparation for this insane, absolutely unprecedented race (there's going to be 75,000 people in it for cryin' out loud!) we decided to warm-up, if you will, with the 2009 Bay Run. This run, much milder and quiet in magnitude, runs 7 kms (4.35 miles) around a scenic and peaceful bay. It's also famous but only boasts a mere 1,500 participants. Much more my style.

So, I made Vincent get up very early on a Sunday and head down to Leichhardt. It was so cold. Even Vincent agrees. I couldn't feel my right arm or feet until half way through the race. (I have since bought super awesome warm socks for the run next week). Anyway, after a (ridiculously expensive) coffee/ hot chocolate we checked our bag and waited for the start gun.

The race was gorgeous, and the event was organised very well for a community fun run. Very pleased.

I ran well and Vincent ran better:
Out of the 1,465 that finished Vincent placed 100th overall and I, 595th. Then, amongst the boys Vincent placed 92/ 770 and out of the girls, I got 108/693. Not bad I don't think. Then out of our gender age groups--Vincent got 38/205 and I got 34/210. So, not a bad show after a last minute entry I don't think.

Yeah!
Stay tuned for next week's race--it's going to be CRAZY.

No comments: