January 15, 2009

thursday, january 15, 2009

Facts of today:
1. It took me 62 minutes to get to uni today. It took 30 to get home. Both were on un-air conditioned buses (b/c my luck runs like that).

2. For the Americans among you, that's a low of 72 and a high of 100...which apparenty is "mostly fine" according to the Sydney Herald Tribune

3. I came within one foot of a lorikeet today eating a flower off a tree.

4. I discovered Coke Zero.

5. I did not get a hold of a copy of Microsoft Office or reimbursed for a conference...

6. But I did seem to get a raise.

7. I am about to drink a lot of beer...

...and maybe read about the generative view of clause structure.

Hm.

3 comments:

PK said...

freakin' hot!
What's up with that?!

KWD said...

Lindsay,
That sounds waaayyyyy too hot!
I am sending you cool thoughts!
and buses with a/c!
love the slide show...:)
kd

Chasing Life said...

too hot!?! it sounds down right beautiful. i'd be at the beach, running in to the ocean...oh wait, no i wouldn't. all i've heard about lately are the shark attacks in australia! eeeek. so, instead i'd be eating pints of ben & jerry's while complaining about the heat because i'm scared of sharks and can't bring myself to go to the beach.
and just for your information, it's all of 6 degrees here today!