September 20, 2010

Dear America,

I'm coming. Not quite yet. But soon. First I have to go make a presence in France--I know--but it must be done. I have to walk around Paris, drink du bon cafe, and hang out at a castle--because that's what people do in France*.

But then ::dramatic music:: I'll be over. Get your cheap Mexican food and fake meat ready. Put on your best customer service and your greasy Waffle House apron. I'm ready for flip flops and fancy pants. Southern accents and ASL. Best friends and family. Sam Adams and Jack Daniels.

Until then,

Lindsay


* Ask Kyle, he knows.

3 comments:

Kyle Duarte said...

America,

It's true, you don't hold a candle to France's castles, city named Paris (and big cool steel tower therein), or frankly her coffee. Sorry.

I know you have been sending emissaries to convince me that I don't like the wonderful things France has to offer, as if you're jealous of the hot new (old?) girl in town. Don't worry, I'm not going to dump you for the Hexagon; instead, I think I can stride the Atlantic quite well, and I hope you come around to believe so too.

I'm looking forward to our upcoming 10 days of road trips, beer, and exotic locales like West Lafayette, IN - don't disappoint me! But understand that I won't be hanging out in your sad version of a castle, the football stadium.

Peace,

Kyle

P.S. Linds, nice new blog wallpaper

PK said...

I prefer the truffles to the coffee but i must say, the French wine, cheese and bread is distinctly superior. I agree with the superiority of Mexican food on this side of the Atlantic, but the castles... no comparison!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lindsay,

It's Daniel ("Danny") Rice, a blast from the past when we attended school together over in the Evans,Ga area growing up. Angel M. let me know about this blog you have. It looks good.

I just wanted to say Hi, and let you know that I would like to get in touch with you if you are interested in connecting. An email you can reach me at is: jsu4128g@yahoo.com.

I heard that you may have gotten married recently. Congrats on that! Talk to you later, hopefully :)