December 20, 2009

linzi makes pasta?

My awesome friends George and Agnes got me a super cool make-you-own-pasta machine (because they secretly have faith in my ability to learn how to cook food). This was then supplemented with some extra parts by an acquaintance of mine down the street. In the hopes that I could actually make some home-made pasta for Vincent's parents come to visit (which is tomorow by the way), I went ahead and gave my pasta-making-aptitude a try out.

1. Mix eggs and salt with flour.

2. Knead the resulting dough.

3. I said KNEAD IT!

4. After leaving the dough for 15 or 20 minutes, take bits of it through 'The Flattener' several times.

5. Put these flattened strips then through pasta shape maker of your choice. I decided to go with a fettucini-like style:

8. After the noodles have dried- cook as usual!

Both Bec and Vincent ate some and BOTH went back for seconds. I cried a little.

3 comments:

PK said...

excellent!
Sorry i missed it!

Julie Hochgesang said...

I am so very proud of you!!!!! Wow, they really put a lot of faith in you. Warranted, it seems so. Yay for pasta-making! Funniy enough, I'm off to make some homemade noodles for Christmas dinner. They won't be anywhere near as awesome as yours though.

Chasing Life said...

looks YUMMY! i need to get some pasta making skills... COME HERE and teach me ;-)