February 1, 2009

...to those really yummy Morningstar sausage patties

As you know (or maybe not), I'm planning a trip to the States in May (because Brayde, one of my bestest friends is getting married!). I haven't booked the tickets though--partly because I need so many of them, and partly because I'm always kind of anxious buying plane tickets. In any case, I will be going to California and Washington and Georgia and South Carolina (COME VISIT ME). Two of these places I have never been, which justifies the trip entirely, however I will also get to visit my family in Georgia and South Carolina which is also cool with me.

Naturally, this has got me thinking about my former country of residence...and in particular, the things that I miss the most about it (read: what things lindsay will be buying to bring back with her). Of course I miss all my friends and family-- we all know that--so let's get down to the nitty gritty, the superficial materialistic America that we (I mean I) love so dear:

1. I miss specialty running stores.
2. I miss amber ale.
3. I miss real Targets (the ones here are basically just clothes stores).
4. I miss cheap books.
5. I miss normal sized coffee.
6. I miss Express.
7. I miss 24 hour convenient stores.
8. I miss cheese and egg bagels from Dunkin' Donuts.
9. I miss three ring hole-punchers...
10. I miss three ring binders, for that matter.
11. I miss unlimited downloading.
12. And perhaps most of all-- I miss those awesomely delicious Morningstar sausage patties.

Of course, this is not an exhaustive list-- I couldn't be bothered to sit here any longer on the matter. However, you get the point. So, wahoo, Lindsay is coming to America (if they let me in that is). I can't wait to stock up on all my favorite things.... and visit y'all (of course)!

4 comments:

PK said...

Well, now i know there are some positive things about this place that gave you lasting memories. Of course i am also now worried that those are the things you miss. Kinda weird.... but we can hook you up now!

Kyle Duarte said...

Does this mean that you guys ran past your limit for yet another month? This might be a difficult situation, considering you're living with a computer geek!

KWD said...

Can you dry morningstar breakfast patties or will just have to eat sooo many when you are here that they will no longer be on your list of favorite or most missed things?
Normal sized coffee.....Kyle laughed at me while on the video phone the other day...when I started to drink my Micky D's large brew....LAUGHED like I was an ugly American or something. He writes in his blog...like he is not French but I am becoming concerned. Please pray for Kyle to not become European!

KWD said...

Can you dry morningstar breakfast patties or will just have to eat sooo many when you are here that they will no longer be on your list of favorite or most missed things?
Normal sized coffee.....Kyle laughed at me while on the video phone the other day...when I started to drink my Micky D's large brew....LAUGHED like I was an ugly American or something. He writes in his blog...like he is not French but I am becoming concerned. Please pray for Kyle to not become European!